Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Something is Missing

See this picture of Grace peacefully sleeping...



Let's look a little closer...



Wait you didn't notice?  A little closer still...



NO MORE PACIFIER!

As I recently posted Grace still sleeps (now slept) with her pacifier.  We weren't convinced that it was time for it to go but I was getting a little annoyed that I had to pack it for trips.  So on a whim last Saturday I took a long shot and told Grace if she gave up her pacifier she could have anything she wanted.

She said she wanted an animal!  We laughed because if you know us we don't do animals.  Then she clarified and said she wanted a stuffed giraffe.  I was sold.  The one other time we tried to give up the paci she gave it to her friend Mason who is a baby and needs pacifiers.  Needless to say Mason gave them back right away.  This time though I felt she was in a better place so she gave Mason her pacifiers again.  And I promptly took her to the store to buy a stuffed giraffe.

Grace did not sleep during naptime she just sang sad songs about her pacifier.  When I went to get her up she told me that she was sad that she didn't have her paci any more and that singing made her feel better.  That night she sang for 10-15 minutes to put herself to sleep.  The next day she didn't nap again but went to sleep fine at night.  Today she napped without it (as pictured above)!

I'm so happy to be pacifier free.

1 comment: