Now that was mildly impressive but what she did next was shocking to me. She told me she wanted to go upstairs and write the word popcorn on her magnadoodle. So I said sure have fun. I kind of forgot why she went upstairs and later I found this....
![]() |
| Grace's writing |
Apparently Grace knows how to write several letters. Which leads me to my next point.
Several people have been asking if we are sending Grace to preschool this year now that she is 3 and the answer is no. At this point I am very excited about the chance to homeschool our children. I am not sure exactly how long I will do it or how it will look but it seems right for us. So, I keep saying I'm going to do some preschool homeschooling to make sure I don't hate it. And I'm going to start figuring our what homeschooling might look like for our family.
This year I was planning on working on writing letters, reading and math with Grace maybe once or twice a week. Nothing super intense. We've worked on writing the letter A and B once or twice in the last several months. Now I'm wondering how much we need to work on letters:)
I've been feeling a little bit unprepared to begin this endeavor but I keep reminding myself that Grace is only 3 and I have 2 years to figure out what we're going to do for kindergarten. Who knows maybe things will continue as they are right now and Grace will just teach herself all she needs to know.
I've been feeling a little bit unprepared to begin this endeavor but I keep reminding myself that Grace is only 3 and I have 2 years to figure out what we're going to do for kindergarten. Who knows maybe things will continue as they are right now and Grace will just teach herself all she needs to know.

We are starting our first "real" year of homeschooling in about a week and a half. Last year, I did different thing with Mady - nothing intense either. She's a quick learner and so the "basics" that she needs to know in kindergarten, she already knows. So, we've planned out our year and we're very excited!
ReplyDeleteI do want to recommend Confessionsofahomeschooler.com (Confessions of a Homeschooler). I love her site for ideas and printables. She has a great preschool curriculum with lots of activities that you can just print out. I'll be using it for the twins this year - nothing intense - just fun! She has some great geography curriculum for down the road as well!
have fun :)