Unfortunately our Escape is in the shop getting some repairs. However this seems to be the most convenient car repair we've ever had! Our check engine light kept coming on so we took the car in only to find out that some big important and expensive part/s needed to be replaced and/or fixed. Thank goodness for the powertrain warranty that covers the multi-thousand dollar repair and the rental car.
The rental car...that brings me to the main point. We managed to rent a minivan and I'm smitten. It's a boring Dodge Grand Caravan and has nothing fancy in it. But it has lots of space and doors that automatically open with the touch of a button. I love it. I'm not going to lie I've been scouring the interent for used minivans after driving this guy around for a few days.
I love our Escape too so it will be nice to have it back. But when it's time for the Grand Am to leave our family I'll be happy to replace it with a minivan. The only thing more perfect would be if the Grand Am was getting fixed and we could rent a minivan in it's place. But we don't buy warranties and I don't think our car came with one that covers an 11 year old car with well over 100,000 miles on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment