Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Caleb - 6 Months



I was impressed with how he got into that basket.
A half of a year has gone by and I start this post like all other updates on Caleb lamenting how quickly time is flying.  This last month was great (again).  I love the privilege I have of being a mommy to my 2 sweet kids so even though it can be challenging it is always great.  So, let's summarize...

Sleeping: Wonderful.  Things stayed pretty much the same this month.  Caleb is still comfortably taking 3 naps.  The first two are about 2 hours at 8:45 and 12:30ish and the last on is about 45 minutes to an hour at around 4:30.  This month Grace and Caleb's schedules aligned so the both go down for an afternoon nap at the same time.  GLORIOUS!  So, I have about 2-2.5 hours in the afternoon to do whatever I want.  I often end up doing stuff around the house that I can't do when the kids are up but I have been enjoying some reading, internetting and even some occasional napping.

Eating: Even though I didn't really doubt I'd be able to do it I'm still thrilled that we made it to the 6 month point of nursing.  I still have the goal of nursing for a year but I always personally felt that if I can make it 6 months and for some reason can't go longer I'd be ok with that.  I think it's great that Caleb has had nothing to eat except breastmilk.  On that note though, we are planning on starting solids soon.  I just need to get around to it.  Lastly, Caleb is only nursing 4 times a day now.  I was feeding him two times in a period of about 90 minutes and decided to try and drop the 1st of those feedings.  Caleb didn't notice and now we're just enjoying a laid back 4 hour schedule.

Milestones: We have an army crawler.  One thing that Caleb has gotten good at this month is moving across the room.  He can quickly get from one point to another using the army crawl.  He also gets up on all 4's constantly and propels himself forward.  I honestly believe it is only a matter of time before he starts the traditional crawl.

He has also gotten good at sitting up this month. He prefers to be on the floor moving so he doesn't actually just sit and play very often.  Several times he has tried to go from all 4's to a sitting position and ended up dumping himself over backwards so I wonder if that might be coming soon too.

Teeth:  Caleb cut his 1st tooth this week.  It's the bottom right tooth.

6 Month Appointment:  This morning Caleb had his 6 month doctor appointment.  His stats are 19 lbs 10 oz (exactly what Grace was at 12 months) and 26.75 inches.  83rd percentile for weight and 46th percentile for height.  Everything else was normal at the appointment so nothing else to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment