Wednesday, September 21, 2011

2 New Gadgets

I got a couple of new gadgets this week that I am enjoying immensly.


First, I ventured into the realm of coffee makers and decided to buy a percolator.  When we moved into our house in January my coffee pot met it's demise during unpacking.  Thankfully, it was cheap and we don't drink coffee.  Well now it is 8 months later, fall and winter are coming and I've had a few requests for coffee.  In my attempt to be an accommodating host (especially for overnight guests) I started reviewing my options.  After ruling out the super cool single cup makers like Keurigs and Boschs I moved on to percolators.  I find them retro and funny (long story that I'm not even going to bother to tell).  So, I ordered one from Amazon and love it.  I've even had about 1/3 of a cup of coffee in the last few days.  The coffee is good, it takes up less space than a traditional coffee pot, keeps coffee hot, makes a cool noise, and is all stainless steel (no plastic for those who care).


Second, I got a steam mop.  I've been struggling with mopping our kitchen floor with a classic Swiffer.  I found myself changing the cleaning pad multiple times in one mopping.  Since our floor is white and we have a toddler it needs to be mopped often.  So I was going through the cleaning pads like crazy.  Yeah, I know it's a 1st world problem (1WP). I stated doing my research and discovered the steam mop.  They are AWESOME!  You buy it once and the cleaning pads are reusable.  The best part was I got it for 40% off plus an additional 30% off with a gift card at Kohl's.

No comments:

Post a Comment