Wednesday, September 21, 2011

1st World Problems

I recently was introduced to the idea of something called 1st world problems.  A 1st world problem is a problem or frustration you only would have in a country as privileged as ours.  So, maybe you've heard this term before but I hadn't and I find it very refreshing.  Its funny when I'm tempted to complain about something how I can just tag the term 1st world problem to it and nothing seems quite so complaint worthy.  Here are a few 1st world problems I encountered just in the last few days.


  1. Accidentally cooked my chicken for 17 hours in the crockpot and had to go to the store a block away and buy some more.
  2. Couldn't decide which percolator to buy.
  3. Had to wait for 12 minutes at the doctor's office for my 6 month old to get vaccinations after being examined buy the doctor (all which were paid for by health insurance).
  4. Annoyed that the price to get a lower interest rate than the published rate to refinance our house keeps changing and we can't get it for less than $200.  
  5. Couldn't get to ESPN scorecenter on my smartphone for about 10 minutes to check scores I don't even care about.
That's enough. It's making me feel ridiculous just typing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment