Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PIANO


We got a new piano! I'm so excited! A piano has been on my wish list ever since I moved out of my parents' house but I/we either haven't felt like we had the money or space for it. After moving into our new house we decided it was time to start looking into pianos. I took lessons for 11 years (Matt took lessons for a few years too) and started teaching lessons when I was 16 years old. For the last several years I've taught a handful of students (currently I only have 1) and have had to travel to them to teach. It's great to think about having students come to me in the future.

I always thought that I would want an acoustic piano but after talking to Matt's Aunt Karen about digital ones we decided digital was the best bet for us. The advantages are it never needs tuned, it's transportable, it's cheaper than the quality of acoustic one I would want and they sound great. I can tell the difference (it doesn't vibrate like an acoustic piano) but it is still fun to play and feels great. If you're curious the specific kind we got is a Yamaha Clavinova CLP 440. I am very pleased with our purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Oops, read those posts in the wrong order. Love it!

    ReplyDelete