Thursday, July 21, 2011

Caleb - 4 Months




How is this happening? Caleb is growing up faster than Grace. I can't believe he's 4 months already. I know 4 months is 4 months but I swear Caleb's first 4 months went by twice as fast as Grace's. I think this is the magical age for me. During that 4th month everything just clicks (it happened with Grace too). Now it's still work having a baby around but the work is really starting to pay off. Caleb is a full blown baby and not a newborn and he is a sweet baby that's for sure. Here is a summary of this month.

Sleeping: Things are still going great here. Caleb dropped one of his naps very close to the beginning of this month so now he is taking 3 naps from 8:30-10:30, 12:00-2:00 and 3:30-4:30ish. Sometimes he'll take a shorter nap in the morning and just add that time onto the beginning of the middle nap. But it seems for now he needs about 5 hours of daytime sleep. I can tell it's time to go down for a nap when he starts yelling and his eyes get red and puffy.

For the most part this month I can put Caleb down and he'll pop in his thumb and go right to sleep. Although, it is not uncommon to put him down and listen to him cry for 5-10 minutes before he goes to sleep. This usually happens if I keep him up to long or if he decides he'd rather socialize than sleep.

Eating: Caleb is now nursing 5 times a day. He was eating less and less and getting more and more agitated when I fed him at night before I went to bed. So on the 4th of July I just didn't feed him and hoped he's sleep until morning. And he did. So, we are just sticking with 5 feedings during the day. I am wondering how close we are to nursing 4 times a day. I usually cram a couple in at 5 and 7 pm before bed. Sometimes its hard keeping him up until 7 to eat so I know I can't stretch them any farther apart. It will be nice if we can get to only nursing 4 times a day but I'm in no rush. It will just happen when it happens.

Milestones: Caleb has been a rolling machine this month. He has mastered rolling both ways and really likes to be on his tummy. For the most part he's even taken to putting himself on his tummy to sleep. He's also bringing everything he can get his hands on to his mouth. I'm already a little nervous about when he gets mobile and can get his hands on everything and try to eat it.

4 Month Appointment: Yesterday was Caleb's 4 month well baby check-up. He is doing great and the doctor confirmed that he is perfect:) We are so thankful to have another healthy, happy baby. Caleb weighed in at 16 lbs 14 oz in the 83rd percentile. Nothing else to report from the appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment