Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grocery List

I really enjoy cooking and planning somewhat healthy meals for us and I have realized the value of planning ahead. My planning has saved several headaches at the grocery store and probably more money than we realize. Our kitchen, freezer, and general food storage areas are small so I don't do much stocking up. I plan and shop for the week on Friday mornings. Someday I hope to do more stocking up to save money but it's just not possible right now. Although, one thing I do look for at the store and try to stock up a little on is meat on sale. Meat is the most expensive thing we buy so if I know we have a little freezer space I'll pick up meat on sale that is about to expire.

Several people who have visited our house have noticed my wonderful grocery list on the fridge. It is extremely helpful and makes shopping a breeze. For the last few months I have been working on perfecting a shopping list that is organized by the aisle at the Meijer close to our house. We circle the items that come up during the week that we need and then usually on Wednesday or Thursday I start thinking about the menu for the next week. I leave a space at the bottom of the list to write down my menu ideas and circle what I need. The list comes together nicely, we head to the store as a family at about 7:30 on Friday morning and the shopping begins.

The point of this post is to make my list public for all 10 of my readers. I wonder if any of you even shop at the Meijer I shop at or buy similar foods. Maybe this list will help just one person have a more enjoyable shopping experience:) I have linked the list a couple of times in this post and HERE it is again.

2 comments:

  1. Are you a mind reader?! I was just thinking about your list the other day and thinking I wanted to ask you about getting a copy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Anne. I shop at Meijer and have been thinking about making something like this - although it seemed pretty daunting. I inevitably go to the store and get almost done shopping and realize that there is one more thing on my list and I have to walk all the way to the back of the store! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete