Tuesday, February 10, 2009

30 Weeks


Greetings. I feel like I have a lot to say today about pregnancy and life in general.

First off, I am excited to be in what I now consider countdown mode for the pregnancy. Only 10 weeks to go! It's pretty amazing how quickly things have flown by. I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon that went well. I actually met with one of the midwives for the first time today and scheduled the rest of my appointments until my due date with them. I really miss my doctor but I've know from the beginning that she doesn't do deliveries and I'd have to make the switch. So it's switching time. The midwife I met with was nice and there are 5 more in the practice who we will meet with eventually. Then whoever is on call will deliver Baby Grace (at the hospital and an OB on call will assist if a c-section is needed). The midwife told me that my weight, blood pressure, measurements, and urine all looked good. She was also able to feel that Grace was head down! Yay! She told me that she could turn back around again but I'm just telling her to stay the way she is.

Second off, we've been doing lots of adult things lately that are nice to take the mind off pregnancy but also stressful in the midst of pregnancy. We finally locked in a mortgage rate today to refinance our house into a 15 year mortgage. We're excited about getting as much into equity as possible over the next couple of years before, God willing, we've outgrown our house. We also have been used car shopping. Matt posted a few days ago that the Kia is on the market and we've been looking around for something bigger and safer. I'm not going to go into details but I hate dealing with used car salesmen.

Third off, the weather as been really nice the last couple of days and Matt grilled some brats for us tonight. Baby Grace and I loved them. I can tell already she is going to be a meat eater! As soon as I smelled the first wiff of the grill my stomach was ready to feast on brats.

Fourth off, on the more serious side I've been really enjoying my Bible reading lately. I posted a while ago that I wanted to spend more time in the Word and relying on God as I prepare for this thing called motherhood. At the beginning of the year I found a 1 year Bible plan that is really working for me. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to keep up with the readings once Grace is born but I have 4 sections to read everyday so if I just have to cut back to 1 or 2 at least I'll be getting some time with God. I've been learning more about what it means to meditate on what I'm reading and have felt a lot of peace just focusing on something bigger than me.

2 comments:

  1. Motherhood looks good on you Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a dream that you and yvonne delivered your baby girls...like today February 20th...on the same day :)

    ReplyDelete