I am beginning to face the reality that the summer is ending. I have one week left of absolute freedom and then I will be surrounded by teenagers day in and day out for what seems like eternity. But, I do like my job, overall. I am currently going through a positive moment in regards to thinking about work so now is a good time to blog. I posted a list of my summer goals at the beginning of the summer so I am going to comment on those goals now.
1. Visit Germany (since we already bought plane tickets and have a place to stay I'm pretty sure this one will happen)
We had and amazing vacation to Germany. I feel so blessed to have been able to take that trip.
2. Read 10 books
I lost track of the number of books I read this summer. I was up to 10 by the middle of the summer so I'm hoping I read almost 20. Although, I really need to read some more substantial stuff. I think I was at about 75% chick lit this summer.
3. Sleep until at least 8 everyday
I will only say that I was a huge over achiever on this goal. I would probably struggle if I had to get up at 8 for school. Unfortunately and even worse, I will be getting up at 6:30.
4. Go for a walk almost everyday (if it's nice out)
I did well on this until after Germany. I think because we walked like it was our job in Europe I decided to take some time off of walking and I'm still taking that time off. I did attend a strength training class at the gym twice a week this summer though and it was really challenging. I think I am a little more toned because of it.
5. Bust out the sewing maching I got for Christmas and re-teach myself how to sew. I want to make blankets and clothes.
I think I did well with this goal. I am working on one more project before the summer ends.
6. Go to the Farmer's Market on a regular basis
I only went to the Market once. Saturdays were just too busy. O well.
7. Try at least one new recipe every week
I don't know about the every week thing but I tried a few new recipes this summer. My biggest achievement was learning how to cook in a wok. I had to flavor it and everything. My sister-in-law Yvonne has also been able to offer me some expert advice and recipes on wok cooking.
8. Become friends with someone who has a pool, the summer off, and lives near me
This one was a tall order so not so much.
9. Take a lot of naps
You don't really need too many naps when you sleep 10+ hours at night.
10. Go to lunch with Matt several times
We did this a few times. The class I took at the gym was over the lunch hour though so that took away 2 possible days.
Do share your wok recipes with me. We used ours a couple times recently. And that is pathetic that you only made it to the farmer's market that one time. By now Corban has forgotten that you started off as his farmer's market buddy. mebbe we should do that this weekend...
ReplyDelete