Wednesday, July 30, 2008
State of Fear
Well, I did something I've never done before...bought the same book twice. Ooops. When the book State of Fear came out by Michael Crichton I just had to have it. I couldn't even wait for the library to get and available copy. So, I went out and bought the hardback copy. I read about 10 pages and then quit. Now fast forward 2 years...I was in a train station in Germany perusing the English section of the book store while Matt was off paying for the bathroom and I saw the book State of Fear. Of course I remembered that I had started the book once but had no recollection of actually purchasing it. I was seized with the same need to read the book then and there, so I bought the paperback copy. I was able to read about 1/3 of the book on my plane ride home from Germany but haven't picked it up since the plane. I now own 2 copies of a book I can't seem to read. It's a pretty good story so far but I have a problem with books that I own. I tend to not read them because I can read them anytime I want. Then I go to the library and check out way more books than I can read and try to plow through those before they are due and forget about books I've bought. My goal is to finish State of Fear before school starts. Does anybody want a copy? I'll give it to you for free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment