Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sewing

One of my goals for the summer was to work on some sewing projects so I got my sewing machine out last week and visited the fabric store. I founds some cute fabric on sale and decided to make a purse. I actually ended up making 2. So the one on the left if the purse rightside out and the one on the right is the purse inside out so you can see the lining. There were a couple of instructions that confused me a little, but I decided not to call my mom and try it on my own. And I did it. I guess I learned something from all the years of sewing my mom made me do. Below is a picture of me dorkily modeling one of the lovely purses so you can get an idea of what size it is.

4 comments:

  1. omg! your purses are soooooooo cute! can i have one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed Anne! I own a machine, and I have used it, but seldom without my mother's direct supervision. Our house is riddled with projects I started and my mom "rescued" me on so that they got done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you are married to a goof ball, but I guess you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Anne! The purses look great. And you are not dorky.

    ReplyDelete