Sunday, February 24, 2008

Amazing Meal

I'm always on the lookout for new easy recipes. Even though we have several favorites it's fun to try new things. My aunt got me a subscription to Taste of Home: Simple and Delicious for a wedding shower gift and I have found it to be very useful! I just made a great recipe from the magazine last week that we enjoyed immensely!!! The only comments I have on the recipe is I used a little less than a pound of chicken breast tenders instead of 4 giant chicken breasts (either would work) and the next time I make it I might try to add a little chili pepper for some spicy kick. But even without those changes the recipe was great. Also, I found the canned bean sprouts in the Asian food section of our grocery store (Meijer).

Chicken over Curly Noodles


Ramen noodles get a big pick-me-up with a simple but flavorful 4-ingredient sauce that goes perfectly with this tender chicken.


INGREDIENTS



  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 3 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained

SERVINGS 4
CATEGORY Main Dish
METHOD Stovetop - One-Dish
PREP 15 min.
COOK 15 min.
TOTAL 30 min.


DIRECTIONS




In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and contents of two noodle seasoning packets (discard the remaining packet or save for another use). Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
Remove chicken and keep warm. Add peanut butter mixture to skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Drain noodles. Add noodles and bean sprouts to skillet; toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I am also on the lookout for new and easy recipes--I think I'll give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete