
As many of you who are from Illinois probably know today is Abe Lincoln's birthday. If he were still alive he would be 199 years old today. That would be pretty old. Anyway, I have always been a pretty big fan of Abe. I did a report on him in school when I was in about 2nd grade. I still remember what I ate for lunch that day (square school pizza). I was so nervous about giving a report that I couldn't eat very much. But my love for Abe grew when about 1.5 years ago, my good friend Jerusha informed me of a giant Abe Lincoln (pictured above) near Charleston, IL. I had never heard of this monument and she wanted to visit him when she came to visit me. So, we embarked on one of the greatest journeys of our lives. It's well worth the trip to see a giant Abe. Unfortunately, neither of us had cameras at the time so the visit was not well documented. But I found a website with someone elses pictures and lo and behold the pictures are of a friend of mine who was involved in the same campus ministry as me in college. What a small world! Anyway Jerusha is coming back to visit me in a couple of weeks and we will visit Abe again with cameras in hand. Look for a future blog post on that one.
Here are a few interesting links below for this great holiday.
Abe Lincoln on Wikipedia
Abe Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, IL
Abe Lincoln e-Greeting Card
Roadside America - Giant Abe
i loved square school pizza
ReplyDeleteI love Abe, too! :)
ReplyDelete