Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First Snow

I was awoken this morning by children jumping on me and begging to play in the snow.  Apparently there was a dusting of snow last night right before I went to bed.  So since I love getting the kids outside I obliged and got them all bundled up.

We weren't quite ready with winter gear but we survived.  Caleb's snow pants were too short, his hat and mittens were size 6-12 months and he wore Grace's boots from last year. I guess he will be wearing short snow pants (or too big ones rolled up that I know we have as hand me downs) and pink accented boots all winter.  We did eventually find some not so warm mittens and a hat that fit.  Grace had to wear her tennis shoes but everything else still fit fine (although she chose to wear the too small hat)!

After a half an hour or so they declared they were cold and came inside to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate.  What a great start to the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment