Saturday, March 10, 2012

Half-Bath Update

I just wanted to post a couple of pictures of our half-bath update.  We had a leaky faucet and an ugly, rusty, and paint covered light fixture.  So, Matt has changed both of those out in the last couple of weeks.  I also hated the gold trim on the mirror.  Originally I wanted a new mirror with a beautiful wood frame around it.  For, now that is too much work and money.  So, as a temporary and much better fix for a mere $5 I painted over the gold.  I'm beginning to realize paint might be my new best friend in getting rid of little gold accents in the house.

Original light fixture with gold trim taped and ready to be painted.

Original leaky faucet.

New faucet with white painted over the gold.


New much better light fixture.

Ahhh...Much more satisfying to look at.
Next to go are the gold hinges and  doorknobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment