![]() |
| My sister took this adorable picture of Caleb eating his 1st birthday cake. |
We did it. We made it to a year:) This past weekend we celebrated Caleb's 1st birthday with both sides of the family (another post on the party soon). Here's what he's been up to this month.
Sleeping: No changes. 2 naps, 12 hours nights. Caleb did a great job adjusting to the time change. Sometimes he'd stay up talking in his crib for a while before settling down for the afternoon nap but it was no big deal.
Eating: He had cake for the 1st time and loved it. He's still eating pretty much everything I give him. In the last week or so we have dropped 2 of his 4 nursing times. He's done really well with that. I let him sit on my lap and cuddle when I would normally nurse and he hasn't done anything to indicate he even wants to nurse. I'm sure he would if I offered but he is fine with not being offered. So, we have moved on from those successfully. I'll probably drop the 3rd of 4 sometime this week. The 4th one is first thing in the morning so we might hang onto that for a while.
Signs/Speech: Caleb has surprised us with a few verbal things this month. First of all he added the word "backpack" to his vocabulary. Thank you Grace and your love for Dora. He often says "cheese" when you hold the camera up to take a picture and even pointed at cheese (the food) and asked for it by name at lunch yesterday. He can now consistently pant for dog, baaah for sheep, squeal(?) and raise up his arm/trunk for elephant, and grrrr for bear when asked or shown a picture. He also has consistent sounds/intonations for thank you, bang, and Grace.
Milestones: We have a walker! Caleb took his first steps on February 20th and didn't do much beyond a few steps at a time for a couple of weeks. Then about 2 weeks before his birthday he started braving walking a little more and the week before his birthday he just took off. He pops himself up and walks wherever he's going now. He chooses to walk 80-90% of the time and crawls the rest. He's getting more steady but he usually falls a few times as he's trying to cross the room. Today I took him to the park and he walked all over the woodchips in shoes! He's really a toddler now and not a baby.

Yay! Happy Birthday, Caleb!
ReplyDelete