Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

Dora the Explorer

Farmer Caleb (minus the overalls and refusing to wear the hat)

Wearing the pumpkin hat my Grandma made for Grace on her first Halloween

Looking through her candy and trying to find M&M's
(or as she calls them  LMNOP's) since that's all she's allowed to eat.

It's time for the Halloween post that every mom blogger must put up:)  We had a fun Halloween yesterday and it was especially fun because it was perfect weather for October 31st.  The sun was shinning and it was nice enough not to need jackets during the day.  During trick-or-treat hours only a slight amount of bundling was need.

We enjoyed the holiday by going to Matt's work for their annual candy and pizza party.  It's really fun because the kids get to trick-or-treat at people's desks.  Then we gather in a conference room for pizza.  Grace loved it.  After we left she said, "I love going to Daddy's work."

Then my parents came over and ate dinner with us and helped answer the door.  Matt and I took Grace out for about 10 minutes then my mom and Matt switched places and my mom and I went out with Grace for about 20 minutes.  I was impressed that she lasted that long.  But she had the routine down and knew very quickly that she'd be getting candy at every house.  Much improved from last year when she tried to walk inside everyone's house.

As far as costumes go we were able to borrow the perfect costume for Grace.  She got to be Dora and she loved it!  She kept telling everyone, "Hi, I'm Dora."  I just put together Caleb's costume (farmer) at the last minute and I'm glad thast how I did it because before I could even take pictures he pooped all over his costume.  So, we're missing the overalls in the pictures (which in my opinion is the best part).

The other amusing thing about Halloween was how Matt answered the door.  He had a comment for everyone. Here are just a handful of the things he said to the trick-or-treaters.

To a ninja: "Take 2 pieces of candy but don't hurt my family."

To a bunny: "Take some candy and hop on over to the next house."

To a Scream guy: "My favorite scary movie is Peter Pan."

To a guy in a White Sox hat: "Are you dressed as a Chicago White Sox casual fan."

After closing the door to some high school girls: "Do your parents know you're dressed like that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment