Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Caleb - 3 months

Tummy time. Getting ready to roll over a few days later.

Growing and looking chuncky!

Caleb is a thumb sucker. This is great for self soothing. As soon as I put him down his thumb pops in his mouth.

I'm going to get Caleb's 3 month post up a couple of days early because I have time to blog right now. This month can be divided into two parts. The day after Caleb was 2 months old he got a cold that lasted almost 2 weeks. That part of the month wasn't too bad but it was stressful having a sick baby. We visited the doctor twice for reassurance and just waited it out. Thankfully it never was worse than an upper respiratory infection! The 2nd part of the month was after his cold. Here is the rundown from this past month...

Sleeping: Caleb is a great sleeper. I might even dare to say he is better than Grace. It took him longer to sleep through the night but he naps better and I think he sleeps more at night than Grace did at this point. I have been working pretty hard to learn his sleep cues and help him get the best sleep possible. It is draining and I think Caleb is an easy baby as far as sleeping goes. So props to the parents with more challenging sleepers who work hard to keep them rested!

As of today, Caleb takes 4 naps. In the last month they've really evened out and pretty much fall at the same time everyday. The first 3 are about 1.5 hours and the last one is usually only an hour. He goes to bed around 7:30 (eats while asleep at 10ish) and is up around 7. This boy loves to sleep and I can't complain!

Eating: Caleb is still nursing. He is starting to pick up in speed and efficiency. I like that he is nursing faster now but it throws me off a little because I was so used to him taking longer. He is eating 5 times during the day and 1 time at night for a dreamfeed around 10.

The only issue we are having with eating is he is starting to get distracted. Grace was the same way around this age until she was done nursing. I always had to take her out of the room to feed her. I'm still hoping Caleb won't be as bad but it is harder to feed him when Grace is awake because he wants to see what she is doing.

Milestones: Caleb hit his first major milestone today. He rolled from his tummy to his back. He has looked like he could role either way for several days now so I was wondering if it was just a matter of time.

He is also starting to reach for and bat at his toys. I love how he takes such an interest in his environment. He "talks" all the time now too.

Another milestone is I have packed away pretty much all of Caleb's 0-3 and 3 month clothes. He easily fits into 3-6 and 6 month clothes. Some brands I can fit him into 6-9 and 9 month without a ton of room to spare.

2 Month Appointment: We have been to the doctor 3 times in the last month because of Caleb's cold and for his 2 month appointment. On May 31st (10.5 weeks old) he was 15 lbs 1 oz and in the 95th percentile. He is a big boy. He also got his first round of vaccinations and did great. I didn't really notice any difference in the way he acted after he got them. Hopefully we won't need to go back to the doctor until his 4 month appointment.

Our Schedule: I don't love our schedule right now but I love that we have one. This has really evolved over the last 2 weeks and I think it is going to change again soon. I don't think it will be until Caleb is at least 6 months old before I love our schedule. He just needs too many naps and to eat too often. Because Caleb naps best at home I feel it is important to stay home a lot. So we try to invite friends over and I go outside with Grace a lot while Caleb is sleeping (thank goodness for baby monitors!). Sometimes it is hard on me being "stuck" at home but I'm doing my job and I love my job. I want to do what is best for my baby!

7:00 - Everybody up and at em, Caleb eat
7:30 - Grace breakfast
8:30-10:00 - Caleb nap
10:00 - Caleb eat
11:30-1:00 Caleb nap
11:30 - Grace lunch
1:00-3:30 - Grace nap
1:00 - Caleb eat
2:30-4:00 - Caleb nap
4:00 - Caleb eat
5:30-6:30 - Caleb nap
6:00 - Suppertime
7:00 - Grace off to bed
7:00 - Caleb eat
7:30 - Caleb off to bed
10:00 - Caleb eat

Disclaimer: This is the schedule for an ideal day this month. It was probably never perfect but it at least gives an idea of what our day sort of looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment