Last Saturday was our big moving day into the new house. I've been waiting to post about it until I got my camera out and got some pictures off of it. Overall, the day was a great success. Everything got moved and we had lots of help which we really appreciate.
Only one piece of furniture had a little damage which is totally fixable. The said piece of furniture got back at us for damaging her by putting a couple of holes in the wall. We realized if you can't put a square peg in a round hole (aka big couch in a small door) then just make the hole bigger. The hole in the wall will be fixed soon but the memory and impression it left on some of our friends will probably take a while to fade. Thanks guys for spending 45 minutes getting my couch upstairs:)
We are feeling very settled now. It really helped that I was able to take my time packing and everything came to the house organized. BTW, even though I continuously purge at my house we still gave away 13 bags/medium boxes of stuff in the move. It feels great to lose that weight. That and my organization made unpacking a breeze. Besides stuff for the babies room I have all but one box unpacked. Most things have a place but some organizational systems still need to be bought and installed in the playroom so that will be a little while.
Finally, I want to leave you with this quotation I read on a friend's blog today. While I LOVE our new house I want to remember this house is not what life is all about. This is a place we can serve God and other people but we have a much better home waiting for us in heaven.
"Our father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home." ~C.S. Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment