Friday, January 14, 2011

1st Week of New House

We celebrated closing on our new house by ordering Jimmy John's to be delivered for lunch. It was a perfect way to celebrate!

We closed on our new house on Monday morning and even though it is only Friday night it seems like it was ages ago. Thankfully the house is in great shape and didn't need a lot to be done before we could move in. But we still managed to create quite a long list to get ready for the big move tomorrow.

We had the house cleaned, carpets cleaned, Matt's uncle put up a tile backsplash for us in the kitchen, we moved a few things, got some furniture from a friend, got some furniture delivered, endured some snow and shoveling of two driveways (Matt did that), rented a U-Haul and got it stuck in one of the two driveways tonight, ordered a lot of pizza, cooked food for this weekend, packed and packed and packed some more. We did all this while taking care of Grace who has had a cold all week. I can't wait until tomorrow night when the move is over. Unpacking just doesn't seem as daunting as packing.

I think I have 98% of the house packed but all that I can do right now is look at empty boxes and not finish. It might get done in the morning or it might not. That is the beauty of not having to be out of our old house tomorrow. It is hard for my organized personality to leave some things undone but it is not hard for my 7 months pregnant body to decide I'm just going to lay on the couch and watch Netflix streaming while stealing internet from the neighbors since all of our technology is packed.

Here's to a great move tomorrow!

1 comment: