Monday, June 7, 2010

Rollin and Rachel's Wedding

We had a great weekend celebrating the marriage of Matt's sister Rachel to a wonderful man named Rollin. We arrived on Friday to Rachel running around the house screaming/shrieking (happy and excited screams not angry or stressed screams). Then we hung around at Matt's parents' house until the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday night. The dinner was at a Chinese restaurant and we had a great buffet. The other nice thing about the dinner is Matt's parents paid for a babysitter so we could get Grace to bed at a decent hour. We were able to enjoy our meal more too!

Practicing for the big day.

Matt and I at the rehearsal dinner.

Then came Saturday: wedding day. It started out in torrential downpour. I cannot remember the last time I saw it rain that hard. And Rachel had planned to take pictures outside:( But about 10 minutes before the photographer arrived the rain stopped and the rest of the day was great for outdoor pictures. The wedding ceremony was beautiful, the reception was a blast, and I was dead tired on Sunday from staying up so late. Again we were able to take Grace to Matt's parents and put her to bed (although we kept her up until at least 8:30) so we could enjoy the reception without her. We got out on the dance floor and tried to hold our own with the crazy kids who are at least 5 years younger than us.

The kiss!

Married!

1st Dance!

Matt, Grace and I in our coordinating outfits. Cute or dorky?

Grace

3 comments: