

I didn't get around to posting about Grace's last month on the day she turned 14 months old because I was busy taking a nap during her nap. We have been living it up this summer and enjoying lots of time outside and playing with friends. I also am finally getting over a cold that lasted over a week and don't feel the need to sleep through Grace's nap.This last month has been lots of fun. I can tell Grace is just absorbing more and more information everyday. She only picked up a couple more words this month but she is starting to really watch me when I speak and repeat things with the same intonation and inflection. It is pretty neat to watch. One of the best things she started saying is Grandpa (sounds like Bumpa) when she sees my dad or pictures of him. Now we have to teach her to call Matt's dad that too. She already knew the words baby and ball but they seem to come out of her mouth every minute these days.
I feel like Grace is finally getting to the point where she doesn't put anything and everything into her mouth. It makes going to the parks with woodchips a little bit easier. As far as food goes she is still doing a great job eating. There are some things that she used to eat (like tomatoes) that she has recently spit out but she still eats almost everything I put in front of her. She did start getting her one year molars a couple of weeks ago and at least two of them have cut through the gums. It caused a couple rough days of temper tantrums over nothing. I don't know if there is really much else to report. It just seems like she is growing up more and more everyday.
One other fun thing we got to do this month is meet Grace's new friend Owen. He is my friend Emily's son and he is adorable. Here is a picture...
That's funny - I started calling my mom's father "Boppa" when I was little. I was the first grandchild on that side of the family, so it stuck permanently. My grandfathers always had different names - "Grandpa" for my dad's father (once I learned how to say it) and "Boppa" for my mom's father
ReplyDelete