Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mommy Guilt

My friend Emily posted this on her blog about 6 months ago when she was at the beginning of her pregnancy with Owen. BTW, now Owen is 1 week old and I have yet to meet him. I have a very nasty cold that I don't want to pass on so I'm impatiently waiting until I am better to see him. Anyway, Emily made some confessions about not following "the rules" to a T in her pregnancy. And it is true; the mommy guilt never ends. So here are my confessions.....

~I don't talk to Grace constantly so as to increase her vocabulary. Sometimes I just sit and stare at her.
~I let Grace watch TV and she is not 2 yet (although most of the time I watch and Grace plays).
~I don't give Grace her vitamins everyday.
~I have a really hard time remembering to brush Grace's teeth everyday.
~If it is after 4:30 and I'm feeling lazy sometimes I skip putting sunscreen on Grace.
~If Grace wakes up from her nap and I'm still taking mine I let her play in her crib for a while.

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I've been feeling the mommy guilt about this week. So in case you were wondering, I'm not a perfect mom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment