Saturday, March 21, 2009
Surprise Shower
I just had an awesome day with some of my great friends from college. My friend Emily emailed me several weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to do lunch today and of course I said yes. So, I've been eagerly anticipating this day for a few weeks and was so excited to spend quality time with Emily. We headed off to one of our favorite places, Chile's, and when we walked in she said we had a table already. I found this slightly weird but didn't even think twice about it. We got to our table and the girls from our college Bible Study (minus Erin who is in East Asia doing missions) were there waiting to surprise me. I'm not a huge surprise party person but this was perfect. I never suspected anything and 5 people who I love to death and don't get to see nearly enough were there waiting to give me a shower. They came from far and wide. Amy drove all the way from Detroit and Karrie drove from the Chicago area. The funny thing is it turned into a joint shower because our friend Carissa is due practically the same day as me. She just hadn't passed the news along to anyone else until the surprise shower plan was in full swing. So, she knew about the shower and also got to be honored. We had a long lunch and then everyone came back to our house to hang out for the whole afternoon. We got to spend about 6 hours together and I LOVED it! Matt was so awesome too because he willingly left our house and did his own thing all afternoon. He's such a great sport. Afterwards he said he didn't mind at all because he knew I was having fun and it meant a lot to me to have my friends around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! That's so sweet that they threw you a surprise shower! How fun!
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling good! Maybe we could get together for lunch or we could have you and Matt over for dinner before Baby Grace arrives!? It would be fun to catch up!