Only 7 weeks to go! I'm so excited to meet Grace and so scared of giving birth to her. I just sit and look at people and remind myself that we were all born. Every time I see a baby I think that baby was born and I can do this. Grace has been moving around a lot these days and it's fun to feel her strong movements. Although I do get up a lot to pee, she has yet to wake me up at night. I'm either really tired at night or Grace is already getting into her routine so she can start sleeping through that night as soon as the doctor says she won't starve. Also, I just read that she is over 4 pounds now!
I'm also dealing with winding down at school. I can't believe how soon I will start my maternity leave. I am officially done on March 20th. It worked out nicely that is when our spring break starts and then when its time to go back I'll be 37 weeks so I just decided to start my leave. I'll take a little time without pay but I think my feet will thank me. I also just told my principal that I am not coming back next year. I almost cried but it was nice to let him know my plans and just communicate to him why I'm not coming back. I guess his wife stayed home with their kids for a while too so he was very receptive of the decision. So, I only have 12 days left in my high school teaching career (at least for a while). I calculated I've probably spent over 1000 days teaching. I'm very excited to be moving on to the next stage but I will have to greive the end of something that God lead me too for the past 5 years and despite some of the low times I have truly enjoyed and been blessed by.
Some of our family friends threw a shower for me this past weekend and it was so fun. Most of the women there have known me since I was in my mother's womb. It was neat to be able to celebrate with them. My sister and 2 other friends were the only other ones from our generation who were able to make it to the shower. Grace got tons of adorable clothes, blankets, and a very useful high chair! I can't wait for her to join us at the dinner table. My sister made a quilt as did my mom so those were both really fun to receive. Check out pictures and how my mom made the quilt here.
Enjoy the pics from the last week...
Teresa and me at my shower.
The crib my dad is building in pieces. It is getting really close to done!!!
Some of our family friends threw a shower for me this past weekend and it was so fun. Most of the women there have known me since I was in my mother's womb. It was neat to be able to celebrate with them. My sister and 2 other friends were the only other ones from our generation who were able to make it to the shower. Grace got tons of adorable clothes, blankets, and a very useful high chair! I can't wait for her to join us at the dinner table. My sister made a quilt as did my mom so those were both really fun to receive. Check out pictures and how my mom made the quilt here.
Enjoy the pics from the last week...
Teresa and me at my shower.
The crib my dad is building in pieces. It is getting really close to done!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment