Monday, March 16, 2009

35 Weeks

I have lots to report this week. I'm so excited because our nursery is finally ready to go. Now we just need a baby and that's going to be here sooner than I think. Only 5 weeks left!!

This Saturday we went to an all day class at our hospital about childbirth and it was pretty good. I was really really anxious about it going into it. Somehow I was under the impression that we would be spending 6 hours learning about everything that could go wrong and watching gross videos. That was totally not it. We learned about what labor could/would be like, breathing methods, epidurals, IV's and the like. Although, I didn't really watch the videos they weren't that disgusting. I have watched a lot worse ones on the internet to prepare myself for the ones they would make us watch at our class. I'm really glad that we went and I feel a little more prepared. I've pretty much decided not to think about childbirth again until I'm in labor though:)

My parents came over on Sunday and set up the crib and we got the nursery all ready to go. I feel like we could have our baby anytime and we'd be ready. She needs to stay inside me for just a little while longer though.

Today was the first day of my last week of teaching. I actually almost cried once but after leaving the basement with no windows and seeing how nice it was out today I didn't really feel sad about spending my spring not teaching. I hope to be able to get outside and walk a lot before and soon after Grace is born.

The dresser/changing table with the shelf my Grandpa made for me when I was little.

Close up of the shelf. It's so perfect for this room.

Me with the beautiful crib my Dad made. I can't wait to use it. I know we might have to move it away from the window when Grace can reach the drapes but I like it here for now.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, I love it! The whole room is perfect! Good choice with the Diaper Champ - we love ours. And you never know, Grace may never become interested in the drapes. Kate only just got into that stuff, but it might be 'cause we moved her to a twin bed. Oh, and definitely take lots of walks! Spring is the perfect time for babies 'cause you can take them outside right away (I am a little biased since I have a May-baby).

    ReplyDelete