This is what I wanted.

This is what I got.

Yesterday my wonderful husband went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for the week. I sent him out with a list and not very detailed instructions. Matt enjoys doing the shopping, no complaints here, and usually does a good job. If he ever gets the wrong thing he learns from his mistakes and it doesn't happen again. Anyway, this is how awesome Matt is. First of all Matt hates onions and I try to cook with them fairly often which he puts up with. Secondly, I'm planning on making potato soup this week so I needed a couple of green onions. I decided to ask for 4 in case I make a big double batch. I explained to Matt that I will cut them up very finely and he won't even notice that they are in the soup. So, off Matt went to the store. This morning Matt asked me if he got the right type of onions and produced 4 large yellow onions. I just laughed and said no. I was so amazed that even though he hates onions he was willing to buy 4 giant onions and trust that I would hide them in his food. What a great husband!
That is totally something Bryan would have done 5 years ago. I think I have him trained pretty well now though :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletereminds me of when matt went to get cilantro but had no idea what it was. the poor guy just doesn't like green things in his food. give us an update about how your chinese food cooking is going.
ReplyDeleteI had the same idea Celina did, tell Matt we are waiting for his post on the trauma of buying onions.
ReplyDeletehahaha thats funny
ReplyDelete