As I opened my browser at work about a week ago I said WHAT after I read on YAHOO! that the Santas in Sydney, Australia will be no longer encouraged to say "ho, ho, ho" like Santa has historically exclaimed to adults and children for centuries (well I really don't know how long but centuries seems right). Here is a quote from one article I read... "SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday. Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported." After reading a few more articles it seems like the Santas of Sydney find this as absurd and worthy of a WHAT? as I do. So, to any Australian Santas out there...Don't give in to this maddness, keep saying "ho ho ho".Monday, November 26, 2007
WHAT?
As I opened my browser at work about a week ago I said WHAT after I read on YAHOO! that the Santas in Sydney, Australia will be no longer encouraged to say "ho, ho, ho" like Santa has historically exclaimed to adults and children for centuries (well I really don't know how long but centuries seems right). Here is a quote from one article I read... "SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday. Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported." After reading a few more articles it seems like the Santas of Sydney find this as absurd and worthy of a WHAT? as I do. So, to any Australian Santas out there...Don't give in to this maddness, keep saying "ho ho ho".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What, exactly, is Syndey trying to say about its women?
ReplyDelete