I wouldn't really consider myself a night owl and I've never considered myself a morning person. I really hate getting up in the morning and whine a lot at my alarm but I also really like going to bed early. So, I would consider myself a day person. As long as I get enough sleep I usually feel energized throughout my whole day. But, back to the morning thing.It's been interesting trying to adapt to having a husband who bounces out of bed in the morning with song and energy while I am fighting to get up. Up until recently my morning routine has been as follows...
6:50 - Matt's alarm rings (this alarm is a fairly new addition to my routine so I go right back to sleep)
7:00 - My alarm rings (time to get up)
7:02 - Get out of bed
7:03 - Brush teeth/wash face/comb hair
7:10 - Get dressed
7:15 - Put on make-up
7:19 - Pack Lunch/Gather stuff for school
7:23 - Leave for School
7:37 - Arrive at School
Notice this routine does not involve showering or eating breakfast. I usually shower at night and eat a granola bar at school. By 7:37 when I arrive at school I am wide awake and functioning at normal capacity. It's just the 7:00-7:37 window that I really struggle in so I'm trying something new and I think it might be working. Here it is...
6:30 - Matt's alarm rings
6:40 - My alarm rings
6:42 - Hop in the shower
6:52 - Put on Make-up/ comb hair/ piddle
7:00 - Get Dressed
7:02 - Dry hair
7:10 - Eat breakfast/relax/pack lunch
7:25 - Leave for school
7:39 - Arrive at school (I don't need the 2 extra min. to eat my granola bar)
I have been feeling more relaxed in the mornings and like I have time to spare. On the weekends I might wake up at 7:30 and have no problem with it because I don't have to rush out of the door. So, I'm trying to transfer that mindset to weekdays. We'll see if I can do it or if I switch back to getting up at 7:00.
I've learned that I'm definitely a morning person, living with some girls that aren't. I could get up at 5:30 in the morning and feel a bit tired and within 5 minutes be wide awake and as chirpy as a bird!
ReplyDelete