We had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. I've been waiting to get some pictures before I put this post up so that's why it's kind of late. I haven't gotten any pictures yet and I realized I could just describe them. Picture 1 would be everyone sitting around a table with a turkey.
So, before I forget what we did for Thanksgiving I'm going to just blog about it. We started out Thanksgiving Day by traveling to Matt's brother's house. As most of my readers know Matt's family loves the Packers so our meal and day was scheduled around the Packers game. We got there in time for the kickoff and the majority of the family was decked out in their Packers jerseys. Our sister-in-law prepared a yummy chicken tortilla soup and crescent wrapped mini-hotdogs for lunch. Picture 2: Everyone sitting around in Packers jerseys.
So, we watched the game and ate a yummy lunch. Then came the big meal! It was delicious. Turkey (of course!), sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, bacon wrapped green beans, corn casserole, cranberry sauce, and dinner rolls are just the things I can remember right now.
After supper we drove back to Matt's parents' house and stayed there for the night. We spent the next day at their house helping decorate, resting, and decorating cookies. It was a nice day. Then we drove back home and were up and on the road again 10 hours later.
Saturday we spent the day with my family. We had our big meal at lunchtime. This meal consisted of turkey my dad made on the grill, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, green beans, salad, and pumpkin pie. Again this is just what I remember. Picture 3: Another one around the table.
We ate so much food in three days time and Sunday just relaxed at home and tried to eat less. I'm sure this sounds like most of our readers Thanksgiving holiday. I just love it. We have so much to be thankful for and it was great to celebrate what we have to be thankful for with our amazing families!
No comments:
Post a Comment