Tuesday, December 7, 2010

25 Weeks


Checking in for a pregnancy update....

Food: I've been enjoying the holiday season and eating lots of food. I have been craving salami and cheese sandwiches on delicious multi-grain bread from the Meijer bakery. It's pretty much been my lunch staple.

Morning Sickness: Unfortunately and fortunately I have realized that sugar is my number one trigger in feeling sick. So, I have been extra careful to avoid refined sugars and have found that to be very helpful. The unfortunate part is I can't control myself when it comes to Christmas cookies. So, after a large helping I find myself laying on the couch with a headache and nauseous.

Heartburn: The heartburn has started again. I don't remember when it started with Grace but it was pretty bad. I'm hoping because I'm carrying a little lower this time it won't be as bad. But, I do have Tums at the ready these days.

Doctor's Appointment: I'm nearing the end of the second trimester which means I will start seeing the midwife group at my local hospital soon. I love my family practice doctor but she doesn't do deliveries. I have one or two appointments left with her. The last appointment was in and out with no concerns. I even finally had some significant weight gain so as of 2 weeks ago I'm up a total of 10 pounds. That leaves me plenty of time to gain much more:)

I honestly can't think of anything else.


2 comments:

  1. Anne you are looking great! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and now know what makes you feel icky! That is half the battle. The other half is self-control. Very hard to do this time of year! Good Luck and we will be back in March! So, hopefully we will be able to meet your new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you are almost in your 3rd trimester! Where has the time gone??

    ReplyDelete