Yesterday Grace turned 15 months old. She is doing great and growing tons. We went to the doctor and she weighed 22 lbs and was 30.5 inches tall. She impressed her pediatrician with some of her words and was quite charming. She had to get a couple shots and hopefully her last round of shots will be at her next appointment (at least until she goes to school). In other growth news she seems to have finally cut her last 2 molars.
This month it seems like Grace's language skills have really been developing quickly. She has picked up tons of new words and even more almost words. I thought I'd be able to keep up a list for a while but I just can't remember what she is saying and have a hard time deciding when to officially count it as a word. So, I'm already done with making the list.
We just started working on eating with a spoon and a plate on her own. The plate doesn't really work because Grace just dumps it upside down. She really likes eating with a spoon and does the best when I fill it and hand it to her. She is still having a hard time filling it on her own.
Grace has also taken a liking to Elmo this month. I made the mistake of showing her some Elmo videos online and now anytime I have the computer on she runs over to me and starts saying "Elm". Of course I think that is so cute that I often give in and show her come clips. The other TV she likes is "Sid the Science Kid". I actually don't know how much she likes it but we like to watch it with her in the mornings. Grace is also very interested in reading. I hope she becomes a true bookworm like her Mama. But, she would sit on my lap and let me read books to her all day long. I love that I can get cuddle time with her by reading. I just don't love the meltdowns that she has when I ask her to go play. I think that is all I have to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment