Monday, February 22, 2010

10 Months Old

Grace is now 10 months old! Only 2 months until her 1st birthday.

Teething: This has been a month of teeth. Grace has been working on cutting 3 more teeth all month long. She now has almost 7 teeth. She still has to completely cut one more to get to 7 but it is so close.

Sleeping: Grace is still on the same schedule. Naps at 9 and 1 and bedtime from 7-7. I don't think her naps have been going as smoothly this month. She sometimes talks and plays for an hour or even 2 before falling asleep on a few occasions. I honestly don't believe she is ready to go down to 1 nap but it is a little trying to deal with these weird naps. I know she is going through so much growth and development right now that it might just be hard for her to fall asleep so I firmly believe in giving her the chance to nap twice. I feel pretty confident teething has been a factor in her napping too.

Nursing: I'm still nursing Grace 4 times a day. This month we have had to deal with the issue of biting. Another factor of so much teething? I guess I won't ever know for sure but it isn't fun. I have quickly taught her that biting is not acceptable and things have greatly improved over the last week and a half since it started.

Eating: I can happily say again Grace still has not met a food she doesn't like. She is still eating finger foods for lunch and pureed foods for breakfast. Dinner we kind of switch back and forth depending on what and when we are eating. This month we have tried lots of meat. Pork chops, chicken, turkey, meatballs to name a few. I also have been better about giving Grace food off of my plate and she loves it. She had homemade pizza a couple weeks ago and this weekend she had Monical's. She couldn't stop eating it. I think we may have found her new favorite food.

Playing: Grace has done a few cute new things this month. She likes putting things away or in other things. She loves to put her Little People in her teacups. She loves to put clothes in the dryer or laundry baskets. She even loves to put her toys away. Unfortunately she loves to dump her toys out right after we pick them up. Grace has gotten really good at cruising and now goes everywhere. She also has a push toy she motors around the house and gets mad if she runs into doors or walls, which happens a ton.

Communicating: Grace definitely knows that I am Mama now. She says mama and points at me. Much to Dada's chagrin she has yet to identify him. She also says "du" for her rubber ducky. We have worked on the sign for all done and she does that pretty well. I started to work on a sign for drink or milk because I'm not a huge fan of the point and whine at her cup. I think that she has that sign down pretty well. This month I think I want to teach her more. Other than that I don't plan to do much more extensive signing. But maybe I'll change my mind. We shall see. I also know that she is understanding more words. She has learned to identify her eyes when asked. She also has shown me her mouth and ears just not as consistently as eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about Grace this morning when I looked at the date! :-) Charlotte napped at 9:30 and 2:30 at that age, so maybe Grace just needs to have longer wake periods before her naps? I agree it's unlikely she's ready for just one nap!

    ReplyDelete