
Today I enjoyed school lunch for the first time since I started teaching 4 years ago. I never ate the school lunch or even ventured into the cafeteria when I taught in Champaign and I've never bought lunch for myself in the 3 years I've taught at Mahomet. I have spent way too many hours in the cafeteria though since I had lunch duty last year, but I don't want to talk about that painful memory. But today the stars alligned and I bought myself a school lunch. Several conditions had to be just right and they all were. I had cash, I had no food at home, I was too lazy to drive to Arby's, and a friend and co-worker who frequents the lunch line agreed to help me get through this ordeal. So, at 10:55am I ventured to the lunch line quickly picked up an iceburg lettuce salad with ranch and a soft pretzel with cheese (maybe) and paid the cashier $3.40 for the fine cuisine. This combination of items was not the "school lunch" but that looked very weird. The lunch at my school is not very good and many kids brown bag it. Although, it's good to know I have options even if they aren't too tasty.
In other news regarding previous posts...
1. Matt snores.
2. I'm still having some issues getting recertified because I tried to do it online. I figure we live in the 2000's so I should have no problem doing it online. But to make a long story short the certification specialist emailed me and said she was confused. So that makes me a little nervous. I have until June 30th though so I'm not sweating yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment