Sunday, September 30, 2007
Why Pennyrile?
Thanks for being interested in reading our blog. Matt and I decided that we were going to give blogging together a go. I envision this blog will contain updates about what is going on in our lives, maybe book reviews (flashback to my old blog), commentary on sports (Matt seems to like sports, so he'll probably have something to say about it), and general musings about life. I'm not sure what Matt envisions this blog will contain so I suppose we'll find out when he posts.
I'm sure you are all wondering, why Pennyrile? What could the meaning of this name be? Besides being the name that we want to give our first 3 children, Pennyrile is the name of a Kentucky State Park. Specifically, our first vaca post honeymoon. Matt and I decided that we wanted to go away for a few days before school started and before Matt started his new job. We both like nature and heard Kentucky was a nice place in regards to nature. So we did some research and booked a room at the Pennyrile State Park Lodge. To make a long story short, the trails were less than impressive, the temperature was 100+ degrees (duh, Kentucky in August), and we definitely left a day early. Needless to say, we talk about Pennyrile often, and the lake was pretty (as seen above), but we will only travel back there by means of naming this blog Pennyrile, not by car, bus or train.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First comment.
ReplyDeleteSecond.
ReplyDeleteAnd I even had to sign up for an account since you don't allow anons.
I sense some bitterness in the title...I like where this is going.
ReplyDeleteyou started a blog? awesome.
ReplyDelete