Monday, January 6, 2014
4th Quarter Book List
I did it, I read 50 books this year! I'm please that I reached my goal and really enjoyed reading a lot this year. Now if only I watched a little less TV, think how much more I could read! O well. I don't think I read anything phenomenol this quarter but everything was decent. Lots of 2 *'s.
I continued to rate the books on an * system that is as follows...
* - Not great and don't read it unless you're bored or it looks really really interesting to you personally and even then you might want to think twice.
** - Pretty good and if it looks interesting to you I would recommend it. I don't think it would be a waste of time. I generally enjoyed these books.
*** - Great book! Definitely read it (if it looks interesting) and you will like it.F is for fiction and NF is for non-fiction.
39. Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis - (F)**
40. The Apothecary’s Daughter by Julie Klassen - (F)**
41. Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual by Michael Pollan - (NF)***
42. Instant Mom by Nia Vardalos - (NF)***
43. The Meeting Place by Janette Oke and T. Davis Bunn - (F)**
44. Blue Like Play Dough: The Shape of Motherhood in the Grip of God by Tricia Goyer - (NF)**
45. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - (NF)**
46. 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney - (NF)**
47. Shades of Mercy by Anita Lustrea and Caryn Dahlstrand Rivadeneira - (F)**
48. How to Teach Your Child: Simple Tools for Homeschool Moms by Tamara L. Chilver and Marie Mosley - (NF)**
49. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - (F)**
50. Cold Tangerines by Shauna Neiquist - (NF)**
I've already finished one book this year and am starting on another (Insurgent and Alleigent by Veronica Roth) but I have some tentative reading goals for 2014. My plan right now is to read one homeschooling book and one thought provoking Christian book a month. And fill in other gaps from there. I'd like to keep up with my general pace of one book a week but if I'm reading 2 non fiction books a month that I want to glean some wisdom and inspiration from I might have a slower pace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment